Sunday, June 23, 2013

Excerpts from June 10 and 17



Excerpts from June 10
As for flooding, there really hasn't been much here. Just a whole boatload of rain. And I had no idea about the cicadas, which should answer your question of whether I am experiencing them or not. Natural sounds like bugs is kind of a phenomenon to me at the moment because my current natural soundtrack is horns and trains. Not complaining, I'm not bothered but I can't imagine hearing bugs or birds.

On Saturday I was asked to sing for a funeral in the Chinese branch. That was cool. I always like doing that. The branch actually knows me by name and really well now haha. In two weeks we are going to do another concert to teach the Restoration through music. This one is just a small scale version of what we did in the hurricane area. Plus this is in Spanish and just for our area and not focused on the hurricane victims.  

Excerpts from June 17
It's been a pretty good week this week. Transfers are next week and I'm really not sure whether I will go to another area. 8 months in one area is really REALLY long, but president says that he wants missionaries to start being in areas for 6-7 transfers. (1 transfer = 1 1/2 months) So I'm really not sure what will happen. I'm just trusting that whatever happens is for the best. I'm ready to have a new area, but I really love this area and all the members. I've really gotten close to a lot of them. So we'll see.

So I don't know if you remember, but we started doing soccer here on Saturdays and part of the ward wasn't too happy about it. Now that's changed. They love it. A lot of less active members came as well as investigators. It was so cool. Unfortunately, at the park a ball that I had bought was stolen. Dangit. Oh well. It was funny, the other missionaries were more upset than I was. I was just kinda like, "yeah it sucks, but it's just a ball." And I really didn't care much haha.

I've been crazy busy this past week. We are doing a concert here in the ward and I am in charge of planning it. So between finding people to play/sing/speak, I've been planning what's happening when. It's fun but crazy. To advertise for it we went to the park and handed out a bunch of flyers for it and free English class along with free lemonade. The park was INSANELY crowded and we asked if they wanted a demonstration of the concert. So I sang the Nella Fantasia (Gabriel's Oboe) song and the ENTIRE park when dead silent and just watched me. It was so cool. I hope it made more people want to come. So we'll see :D

Another cool experience. In all the 5 burrows, there have been traveling pianos placed in parks and one came to this park. We went and took hymns and I started to sing/play them. No one really was interested so I was like, forget this and started playing my covers of pop songs. Then all these little girls came over and started dancing to me. When that happened, people started coming over and then people started videotaping me. It was CRAZY but so cool. From it we were able to promote the concert and get some info from people. It was way cool. What about that people who say that playing that music was bad haha. It really was an amazing experience and I am truly glad I had that opportunity.

Today we went to a place called Buffalo Wild Wings and we did the challenge of eating 12 of their hottest wings in 6 min. Only me, the Honduranian, and one other could do it. I was crying. [picture attached].

So that's really it for this letter. We finish training this week. Crazy! The time has really flown by fast with Elder Waidmann. I've really grown because of him and have really learned a lot. I really would not have a problem spending another transfer with him. So we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment