Thursday, December 27, 2012

Excerpt from letter sent before Christmas:

I'm sorry I couldn't say more in my last emails.  I've been super strapped for time.  So, we went and gave a blessing to a man in a hospital.  I still need to get over my dislike of hospitals.  Let me rephrase that.  I love hospitals; I just get feeling weak while there.  It's weird , I know.  Oh well.  The blessing was avspiritual experience, and I'm glad we could do it.  A member asked us to go; the son let us do it and knew we were coming.  The guy was in ICU and just out of surgery.

I laughed super hard when I read about the dinner with the missionaries [at our house in Utah] because I said to Quist that day, "I doubt we will ever have the missionaries over."  Oh the irony.

I have met a lot of really humble people here recently.  It's really cool.  There is just a beautiful light about them.  I've also experienced many miracles or blessings.  I went on an exchange with another missionary.  I was extremely nervous because it meant I would have to take charge of the pool (our area) all by myself.  The other missionary only knew English, so I would have to do EVERYTHING.  This gave me great anxiety; I prayed just to be able to make it through the day.  It turned out to be really good though.  I ended up having no anxiety talking to people and had a really good experience.  We knocked on a door this guy had just painted, but he let us in.  We (or I) talked to him and his wife.  They were extremely nice and were just amazing.  It was very spiritual.  They talked a lot about how everyone just needs to respect and listen to everyone else.  Then you guys came up and I explained the whole religion thing and how you are still happily married and they went off on how amazing that was and how it was because of respect towards each other and God.  It was just a very good experience.  They want to hear more, but if they decide it isn't for them I won't be disappointed because they love God and are happy; that;s what I care about.  I honestly believe they were a blessing from God to really help me that day do more than just "make it through the day."

I've been asked to sing with a sister in my district for the mission Christmas program.  No clue what we're doing yet, so this'll be interesting since it's less than a week.  I'm also now going to play piano for sacrament meeting because no members can play piano and the missionary who was doing it just left.  This'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment