Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Excerpts from Dec and Jan

12/09
The concert went really well. I'll post pictures and recordings today.
The talk went over well.

Transfers are this week, but no one in our district is changing.  I like the people here, but I really dislike being in a car, and I would like to be back in the city.

12/30
Well this week was fun...ish haha. As you guys know I got really bad food poisoning, but now I'm all better, thank heavens. I got it worse than anyone else in the district. I still have like no appetite which is nice because then I don't eat bad things haha. (A member took us to a Chinese buffet. Haha you gotta realize usual it's a decent place haha)

I'm so glad I got to talk to you guys. I miss you a ton. I love seeing
my dog. :D

How's everything out there?
We were pretty boring this week being sick and all so nothing is new or is exciting. I have another concert on the 19th in Belle Harbor. (It's close to Far Rockaway, in my mind they are the same thing.)  Still don't know really anything about it and the date isn't even for sure haha so we'll see. That's really it.

1/06
Not much to say this week. We got about 9-10 inches of snow. It wasn't too bad. We helped shovel a lot of people out. It's sad how snow makes people unable to drive.

Um... Well I'm frustrated with missionaries, but what else is new. The __ guy, M, really wants to learn, but he's been having the missionaries for about 3 years. Many missionaries see him as a waste of time. Now he's asking for people to teach him. He wants to go to church. He's praying about Christ. He's progressing, but he takes time, so some missionaries don't see him as worth the effort. He is in a different area, but only by 20 min. We do service for his mother and so because of that we've become close. Too bad the missionaries in his area ignore him and don't go visit him. So we do. I would be more than happy to give him to the missionaries there, and I would prefer it, but until they actually start going over, I'm going to continue teaching someone who needs it.

New Years was good. Nothing special. We had to be in by 6. So they all played Dungeons and Dragons while I read. I now am out of reading material haha. Why did I not like reading this much when I was home?

That's really it for me. I hope all is well there. (If you can't tell, I wrote this before I see your emails because I write this while doing laundry where I have no wifi.)

1/20
Not much to say here. We're both leaving. We think they'll put sisters in. About time. It was a dumb idea to take them out in the first place. Anyway, I'm happy.

How are things there? Everyone's getting engaged, married, or pregnant. Crazy.

I have no clue where I'm headed next, but we'll see. I had a really good goodbye with everyone here. I do love this place overall.

1/27
So now I'm in Flushing Queens. It is even more Chinese than Dyker Heights was. I am in Asia. When we visit, after my mission, you will understand. I am so much happier in the city. I really can't explain it. The island is not for me. The ZLs here are my friends from before, and I'm friends with everyone in the zone. My comp is Elder Heywood from Riverton. He came out with my kid, Elder Waidmann.

Here in Flushing there are few Spanish, so it's a little tough, but the branch had 3 baptisms yesterday. An amazing family. Found through Facebook. I'm excited. I like this group. Especially since it is only Spanish and not eng/spa [as in Freeport].

No comments:

Post a Comment